Student Legal Services Resources
Sexual Misconduct & Sexual Assault
- Sexual Misconduct & Sexual Assault: Information for victims of, or witnesses to acts of sexual misconduct
- Assault Care Center Extending Shelter & Support (ACCESS) Offers services that enhance safety, empower survivors, and promote understanding and social justice.
Law Enforcement and Assistance
If you are a victim of, or witness to a crime, information and assistance may be found at:
Landlord and Tenant
Guides, Instructions and Court Forms - Small Claims, Divorce, Domestic Violence
Payment of Fines
- Expunging a Criminal Conviction, Not Guilty Verdict, or Dismissal of Charges
- Iowa Judicial Branch forms for expunging court records
- Central Iowa Community Services (CICS) Assistance in finding resources available for individuals with mental health or intellectual and other developmental disabilities.
- Story County General Assistance Information on emergency rent and utility assistance.
- Center for Creative Justice Community based, non-profit agency providing correctional supervision to adult criminal offenders placed on probation by the local judiciary
- Legal Aid of Story County Provides legal assistance in civil matters to families who cannot afford to hire an attorney in private practice.